Total time: 50 minutes
- 1½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extravirgin olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes each side or until done.
This recipe is another classic example of me not thoroughly reading the recipe in advance. My husband and I were really hungry after a long day and I was really excited to make this recipe, but didn’t realize we still had to wait a half-hour for it marinate on top of cook time. May this be a note to you and to my future self.
Lemon-Grilled Chicken Breasts is another magazine find. But guess what? Not from Real Simple. Nope, this one came from an old Cooking Light. And it originally called for double all the ingredients. With just me and my husband to cook for, what were we going to do with 8 chicken breasts! I’m all about leftovers but that was a bit excessive.
The marinade gave a little bit of flavor. I would have preferred a bit more. Along with the chicken I served Tastefully Simple’s delicious Perfect Parmesan Biscuits and salad with homemade Creamy Parmesan dressing. And no, I did not plan for both sides to incorporate Parmesan. In fact, I just realized that in writing this post. Which brings me to another point – the Tastefully Simple biscuits call for Cheddar cheese, not Parmesan so I’m a little confused there.
All-in-all, a pretty easy, well rounded meal!