Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 Tbsp mayonniase
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ head romaine lettuce
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced
- ½ c croutons or baked tortillas
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, lemon juice, Parmesan, mustard, and salt and pepper; divide the dressing between 2 small containers.
- In 2 larger containers, divide romaine lettuce (torn into pieces), chicken (sliced), and croutons. Top with shaved Parmesan, if desired.
- Refrigerate the salad and dressing separately for up to 6 hours in advance.
- Toss each salad with the dressing just before serving.
Originally featured in an older edition as Real Simple’s brown-bag lunch of the month, this is a delicious, lite meal. I made a few tweaks, such as using baked tortillas instead of croutons and bottled lemon juice instead of real.
This was so good! Above is one of my favorite Caesar salads. I’m so happy to be able to ditch the bagged salads every once in a while now, when I have more time, that is! I like to make this Lemony Chicken Caesar Salad as a lunchtime or a lite dinner meal. I have yet to brown bag it though. I make it and enjoy it right away.