Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 12 oz gemelli or some other short pasta
- 3 c fresh basil leaves
- ½ c olive oil
- 4 oz crumbled fresh goat cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree 2 c fresh basil leaves with olive oil until smooth; pour through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the solids.
- Toss the pasta with the basil oil, goat cheese, the remaining fresh basil leaves, salt, and pepper.
A Real Simple recipe, this has an interesting tangy, sweet, creaminess. I served it as a side to Not-So-Sloppy Joes. It was little weird eating it at the fresh, warm temperature. I think I preferred the chilled temperature after leftovers had been stored in the fridge.
So in my search for a good variety of side dishes preferably on the healthier side, this one makes the list.