Hands-on Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 c cooked chicken, diced OR 2 12.5 oz cans of chicken
- 10¾ oz can cream of chicken soup
- 14½ oz can green beans, drained
- 1 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz can sliced mushrooms, optional
- ½ c mayonnaise-type salad dressing
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 10 oz tube refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1½ Tbsp butter, melted
- ½ c Cheddar cheese croutons, crushed
Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook until hot and bubbly. Pour hot chicken mixture into an ungreased 13″x9″ baking pan. Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits. Arrange biscuits over chicken mixture. Brush each biscuit with butter; sprinkle with croutons. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until deep, golden brown.
Originally from the Gooseberry Patch Homestyle Family Favorites Cookbook, this recipe is similar to a chicken pot pie with the crunchy biscuit topping and yummy veggie filled filling. I did opt out on the mushrooms but included everything else. And this dish sure did hit the spot!
It is easy to make and deliciously filling. It doesn’t reheat too bad either. Serve with a side salad with homemade croutons to round out the meal. What a great dish for a chilly night, rainy day or even if you’re feeling under the weather, this recipe is the ticket!