Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs thin chicken cutlets
- olive oil
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- ½ c heavy cream
- ½ c goat cheese
- ¼ c chopped parsley
- 1 pkg wide egg noodles
- Start egg noodles. Cook according to package directions.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In batches, cook in olive oil over medium-high heat until golden; remove.
- Add the mushrooms to pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tender.
- Stir in the heavy cream, goat cheese and parsley.
- Serve with the chicken over egg noodles.
Another good find from Real Simple’s ’10 Ideas for: Chicken Cutlets.’ However, the magazine’s recipe was sans egg noodles. I tried the original recipe first but my husband and I both felt it was lacking something. He suggested noodles and I knew just the thing!
I haven’t used egg noodles in dishes as of late. But growing up, egg noodles were a part of many a homemade dish. When I made this dish again but with the egg noodles, there was a noticeable improvement. Egg noodles were definitely that something that was missing. Such a simple addition can really make a dish!
When a dish feels like it’s missing that something, what simple addition do you try?