Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb plain or whole-wheat pizza dough*
- ¼ lb sliced salami
- 4 c fresh spinach
- ½ lb thinly sliced provolone
- olive oil
- spaghetti sauce
- Prepare dough according to package instructions. Let the dough sit, covered, at room temperature for 30 minutes before following the recipe instructions.
- Shape the dough into a 12″x15″ rectangle.
- Top with salami, spinach, and provolone.
- Working from a short end, roll up the dough.
- Place seam-side down on a lightly oiled baking sheet; brush with olive oil.
- Bake at 425ºF until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with warm spaghetti sauce on side.
*If frozen, thaw it beforehand according to the package directions.
From Real Simple’s “10 Ideas for: Pizza Dough” this recipe is a home run! So easy and so good!!! I highly recommend it.
A couple quick notes though. If using instant dough like I used, I don’t recommend letting it sit for 30 minutes like the recipe says. Letting it sit for the 5 minutes as the package instructs is enough time. Otherwise it dries out and is hard to work with.
Also, just lightly oil the baking sheet. I went a little overboard with the oil and the bottom was all soggy. Still good but much better of course without the soggy bottom.
Serve with warmed spaghetti sauce on the side for dipping. To fill out the meal, add a green veggie as a side dish – salad, green beans, broccoli, etc.