Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 c sliced fresh strawberries
- ½ c sugar
- 2 ⅓ c Original Bisquick mix
- ⅔ c milk
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
- Whipped Cream
- Mix strawberries and ½ cup sugar; set aside. Heat oven to 425ºF.
- Stir Bisquick mix, milk, 3 Tbsp sugar and butter until soft dough forms. Drop by 6 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Split warm shortcakes, fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping.
Not too rich in sugar. Very fluffy and light. Or is it lite? Either way, this is a fabulous, easy dessert.
I was introduced to this version of Strawberry Shortcake by a friend just a few years ago. The recipe comes straight off of the Bisquick box. What’s funny is I keep Bisquick on hand at all times so I can make one of my favorite dishes, Chicken & Dumplings, at a moment’s notice. And to think, this recipe has been right under my nose for quite some time. Makes me wonder what other good and easy recipes I can whip up with Bisquick.