Hands-on Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Serves 6 to 8
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sweet Italian ground pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (26 oz) jars spaghetti sauce
- 16 oz pkg ziti pasta, cooked
- 6 oz pkg sliced provolone cheese
- 1 c sour cream
- 1½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ c grated Parmesan cheeseBrown beef, sausage and onion in a skillet over medium heat; drain. Stir in sauce; reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Layer in a greased 13″x9″ baking pan as follows: half the pasta, provolone cheese, sour cream, half the sauce mixture, remaining pasta, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce. Top with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until hot, bubbly and cheeses are melted.
This ziti recipe was another find from my Gooseberry Patch Homestyle Family Favorites Cookbook. I did opt to use dried onion as you know my dislike of working with fresh onion. And obviously, being titled ‘Company Baked Ziti,’ it made an awful lot for just me and my husband. But now we can note that it sure does reheat well.
Overall it was pretty darn good and very filling. Pair with a salad with some homemade croutons and you’ve got a great meal!